2018 Encampment Information
Update: April 18, 2018
Hello Girl Scout Leaders!
With 1 month to go until the Service Unit Encampment, here are some final notes. As always, all information is on the Encampment Hyperdoc.
· All Troops who registered for Boating received a partial refund (GS charged us less for less time….). Refunds are in your Troop mailbox with Cindy Huson.
· Plan to carpool as much as possible! Only two cars are allowed on the campsite, the rest must be in the parking lot. With over 250 people attending on Saturday, parking will be at a premium. PLEASE carpool!
· Don’t bring sashes and vests….we don’t want them lost or dirty.
· Have your girls started making their SWAPS? We recommend about 10 per girl.
· Omar Vikin created a meal-planning spreadsheet that you should check out even if you’ve already planned your camping meals. He’s sharing it with everyone! (Click “File” and then “Make a Copy” if you want to use it).
Looking forward to camping with all of you in a month!
The Encampment Committee,
Update: March 8, 2018
Hello Encampment Attendees!
Some updates to Encampment are below. See the Encampment HyperDoc
<https://drive.google.com/ open?id= 1eW6ThHGT7ZEX46PRNV5pU3pyNylYY 9wh3gWwUtVKQFM> for further details about it all....
* Are there any Junior, Cadette, Senior, or Ambassador Troops that want to lead an activity at Encampment
<https://docs.google.com/ forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL- mMxWC6B9Ej4PjYBbIIj6IqP-T-K2me_qQ51LbrEWukFxQ/viewform?usp= sf_link> ? Let me know ASAP!
* If you are BOATING at Encampment....the 2-hour event just got shortened to 1-hour, and new time slots were arranged for each Troop. You can go back to your Encampment Sign-Up Form
<https://drive.google.com/ open?id= 1DoJ1QSxm8lc9iQRNGrUZOMSjEgQPf OqTI4jkpqgBfGA> to see your new time slot. You'll also be getting a $6 per person refund (at the next leader meeting), since GSNNJ charged us half price for half time. Long story, and totally unforseeable. We are so very sorry for any inconvenience this causes to you and your Troop. This does not affect
Archery or Challenge Course.
* Are your girls making their S.W.A.P.S.
<https://drive.google.com/ open?id= 1lXkF5qkV7d3F0D8o9KF1DAPKbCvLt jtqg2e0Z4tmCYo> ? Each girl should bring about 10 to Encampment.
* Many thanks to Omar Vikin for paying attention at his Camper Certification course and realizing that now propane stoves are allowed at all Girl Scout Camps! This is a change from my certification course (sometime ago.....). Everyone - bring your stoves!
As always, any questions about Encampment should be directed to
Lisa Gizas, Jen Farino, Cheryl Fritch
Update: January 19, 2018
Hi Girl Scout Leaders!
Please visit the 2018 Encampment HyperDoc for all things Encampment! Some highlights to note:
Invoices have been added to the Sign Up Form and must be paid by February 28, 2018. Please submit only one check per Troop, and make it payable to "Lisa Gizas". You can bring the check to the February 27 Leader Meeting or mail it to: Lisa Gizas, 186 Old Turnpike Road, Port Murray, NJ 07865.
Need to edit your sign-up? The sheet has been locked to new edits, but you can email me at Lisa@Gizas.net to discuss edits.
Remember....all adults attending Encampment must be registered Girl Scouts. Any adult sleeping over must have completed a background check. Leaders must review their rosters to ensure that they are in compliance. The background check takes time, so make this a priority!
Calling all Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors! We still need Troops to sign up to host workshop activities! Sign-ups close on February 1st.
We will be trading S.W.A.P.S. at Encampment! Each girl should bring about 10.
The Design-A-Patch contest for this event is open until February 28! The winner gets to see her patch on every girl scout who attends this encampment!
The Encampment Committee
Lisa Gizas, Jennifer Farino, and Cheryl Fritch